Social Work Jobs & Vacancies in South Africa
Social workers serve clients dealing with a range of challenges including poverty, physical and mental health issues, financial, addiction, and family problems.
For those with a real commitment to helping others and making the world a better place, a career in social work can provide unique challenges and personal rewards.
List of Available Social Work Vacancies
SA Children’s Home: Child Care Worker
ICRC: Legal Intern (part-time)
Chemonics International : Logistics Officer
Ons Plek Projects: Social Worker
JAM SA: Operations Coordinator
HEALA: Programmes Manager
HPPSA : Assistant Grant Administrator
Common Good: Recruitment Administrator
Molteno Institute: Administration Intern
Community Chest: Fundraising Manager
Sonke Gender Justice: Communication Strategic Information Manager
Columba Leadership: Champion Coordinator
m2m :Human Resources Officer – SA Country Programme
Ikamva Labantu: Community Based Worker
Columba Leadership: Programme Administrator
Earthlife Africa : Researcher/ Energy Policy Officer
Molteno Institute: ICT Intern
The Nali’Bali Trust: Senior Communications Officer
CAOSA : Coordinator: Communication and Advocacy
Columba Leadership : School Engagement Officer
CAOSA: Accounts Manager
Community Chest: Fundraisers
SECTION27: Human Resources Administrative Assistant
SAEP: Programme Coordinator
Khululeka Grief Support: Office Administrator
Action Volunteers: Development Manager
The average annual salaries of these Social Work Jobs is 665,390 South African Rand which may include bonuses.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Complete an Internship in the Community
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
- Be of sound mind
- qualification in health and social care
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Program Coordinator and project leadership
- Experience working with international NGOs or contractors managing program logistics or operations preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and in a collaborative environment, as well as ability to show initiative and self-motivation to lead and develop tasks to achieve results
- Strong computer literacy required (example: Word, Excel, and Outlook, etc)
Social Work Skills Required
The Applicant must have the following skills
- Effective Listener
- Emotional Intelligence
- Organization Skills
- Critical Thinker
- Setting Boundaries
- Good Communicator
The contact details of three contactable references must be provided, one of which must be from your present employer.
Late, incomplete, or incorrect applications will not be considered.
Only applications with all the required documentation will be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.