Application Engineer (Protection) – Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Jobs
SEL seeks a experienced Application Engineer – Protection to provide technical support to customers in West Africa from our Ghana office.
The ideal candidate will have relay application knowledge and experience for transmission and distribution systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop expertise in power system protection, and all related SEL products.
- Help customers apply SEL products through visits, demonstrations, training courses, email, and telephone contact.
- Contribute to product specifications, application and testing software, and literature.
- Participate in SEL marketing and sales activities and industry technical meetings and conferences.
- Teach in customer on-site and online visits, SEL University courses, and hands-on seminars for customers and SEL personnel.
- Maintain customer application and quality information, and develop industry relationships.
- Model, teach and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World-Class Manufacturing principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSc. in Electrical Engineering, equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years experience in power systems, industry practices, and protection and control
- Strong technical training, speaking, writing, and customer service skills
- Ability to direct daily work activities with limited supervision
- Willingness to travel
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Proficient in English
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal.
If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL.