ROV Senior Pilot Technician – Oceaneering Ghana Vacancies
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications.
Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defence, entertainment, and aerospace industries.
Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deep water intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Oceaneering Ghana is currently hiring a Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) Senior Pilot Technician
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Electrical or Mechanical/ Hydraulic Engineering or recognized Trade Apprenticeship in similar discipline.
- Valid Offshore medical
- Valid Offshore survival
- Proven Experience of Magnum or Millennium ROV’s
- Proven Experience with intervention tooling
- Completed all requirements for ROV Technician & have minimum of 150 hours piloting, 6 evaluations forms
Duties & Responsibilities
- Senior ROV Technician will be responsible fir safely, and effectively operating and maintaining OII’s ROV systems.
- You will be responsible for carrying out respective duties as assigned by the ROV Supervisor and/or an ROV superintendent.
- To pilot & maintain the ROV system as directed by the ROV Supervisor, to carry out sunry, inspection or work tasks for the client at Offshore work locations.
- To evaluate the qualifications and performance of the ROV Operator/Technicians.
- To conduct a high quality, informative commentary of ROV operations onto video tape for presentation to Client.
- To maintain familiarity with Client data record reporting requirements and specifications for the operational activities which are being conducted in order to enhance quality Of data capture
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe environment
This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent in Electronic or Mechanical/ Hydraulic Engineering and or recognized Trade Apprenticeship in similar discipline.
• Valid Offshore Medical
• Valid Offshore survival
• Completed all requirements for ROV Technician & have 1 50 hours piloting, 6 evaluations forms
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
• Demonstrate commitment to safety by setting the example for safety related topics or events
• Ability to conduct safety meetings and create ISA’s
• Management of Oceaneering HSE forms
Teamwork & Co-operation
• Ability to take charge and show leadership qualification
• Ability to recognize personal limitations Of fellow crew members and provide assistance as required
• Demonstrate preferred rapport with Client
• Ability to take appropriate action in event of an emergency situation
• Ability to produce coherent and Concise reports on emergency situations
• Ability to co-ordinate all personnel directly and indirectly involved in an emergency response
• Understanding Of company/client emergency procedures
Piloting Skills/Navigational Ability
- Demonstrate the ability to fly an ROV to the Worksite in all situations
- Provide instructions to junior crew members on flying techniques and tether management
- Demonstrate a mastery of the systems sonar operation
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the tracking system operation
- Ability to direct operation ROV
- Ability to direct operation system troubleshooting
- Ensure that records are correctly completed and updated
- Re-ordering of spares and consumables according to company policy
- Ability to review suggest improvements to preventative maintenance plan provide advanced instruction in the use of standard test equipment
Safe Operating Procedures
- Demonstrate ability to proper conduct and co-ordinate deck operations during dives and maintenance
- Show an understanding of how the environment, both surface and subsea, plays a major role in the operations
- Ability to accurately and effectively instruct or guide junior members on safe operating techniques
- Ability to produce clear comprehensive reports for onshore management and clients
- Ensure correct implementation of logs produced by junior crew members.
- Describe in detail. operation of ROV hydraulic systems (cage, vehicle and deck)
- Describe in detail, operation of ROV electrical and electronic system (cage, vehicle and deck)
- Provides instruction to junior crew members on hydraulic , electrical and electronic system
- Provides instruction to junior crew members on sub-sea and Operations
- Ability to discuss work scopes with clients, supervisors and junior staff to suggest improvements or alterations required
- Ability to provide suggestions to the client on selection of intervention tools
Regular full-time employees who apply will be considered along with external candidates. Employees with less than six months with their current position are not eligible to apply for job openings.
How to Apply
Please email your resume to:
Close date for applications :10th April 2019