Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – UNICEF Ghana
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is accountable for the accomplishment of the stated key end-results by providing professional expertise and assistance in information/data collection, statistics and data analysis, monitoring & evaluation (M&E), preparation of reports, communication and partnership and so on.
Qualification Required & Experience
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• A University degree in social sciences, development planning, planning, evaluation, survey implementation, advanced statistical research.
• Professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities
• One year of strong relevant professional work experience in the specific areas mentioned.
• Expertise in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) would be a great asset.
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in demography, statistics, and data management.
• Methodology of M&E, theories, standards and models, quantitative/qualitative/mixed methods, validity/reliability testing of data, data analysis and interpretation, and statistical inference methods.
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Activity Monitoring & Evaluation, Evaluation Design, data analysis, and reporting.
• Gender equality and diversity awareness
• Field work experience is required
• Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.