Mechanical Engineer – SPIE Oil & Gas Services Vacancies 2019
SPIE Oil & Gas Services Ghana Limited is seeking to recruit experienced Engineers for the under-listed positions.
SPIE Oil & Gas Services Ghana Limited provides engineering and technical services in the Oil & Gas industry in Ghana
Position: Mechanical Engineer
- Organize on site the maintenance operations which are placed under his/her responsibility
- Assist the planning team by giving any technical support for the preparation the jobs in his discipline
- With his/her teams assist specialists working under VENDORS
- Ensure that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits) as well as approved operating procedures and standard Industry practice during performance of maintenance operations placed under his/her responsibility
- Manage and execute interventions for preventive and corrective maintenance
- Issue troubleshooting of installations
- Monitor the functioning utilities and equipment placed under his/her v
- Carry out at the TEAM LEADERS request, any intervention within his/her field of competence
- Take charge of systems under his/her responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation status
- Identify recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyse them and suggest improvements
- Keep a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programs and, if need be. suggest improvements
- Warn support teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts
- Suggest improvements and requests modifications.
Context and Environment
Rotation status 4 weeks x 4 weeks
- He/She is responsible for maintenance operations within his/her field or competence
- He/She ensures that maintenance operations under his/her responsibility are carried out in strict accordance with COMPANY’s current safety rules and operating procedures and in accordance with standard industry practice. thereby guaranteeing the quality of maintenance operations, within his/her field carried out on side by CONTRACTOR.
- He/She guarantees a good level of availability of the equipment he/she is responsible for on production sites
- He/She plays a predominant role in the transfer of skills to personnel undergoing training by mentoring on site.
- The holder of the position must have the ff. qualifications
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or Equivalent Certificate
- 5 to 10 years experience in the maintenance field on oil and gas production installations
- A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment installations and a thorough knowledge of equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations
- Capability in equipment overhaul, machine, tools operation, welding techniques, NDT execution
- Good English
- Specific professional knowledge, SAP/R3 experience and know-how
- Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams
- Pride in his/her work. ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others
- Perfectly competent and independent in his/her field , he/she must organizational ability
- Natural authority founded on his/her abilities and on the trust he/she has in his/her teams is essential
All applications should be sent to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.