Overall Job Purpose
To provide support to Fleet Management – Operations Team with structural hull integrity management of all MODEC fleet (FPSOs and FSO) operating, hence reducing mainly the probability of structural failures, risk of pollution and water ingress which would result in major hull damages to vessels.
– Develop long term tank inspection schedule for each vessel and manage the schedule and progress of execution of inspection works, based on the inspection plan, Class due dates and follow up on any activities related to tank inspection. Solve problems related to structural hull integrity of FPSO, propose technical solutions and coordinate the offshore execution of repairs as needed.
– Assure the proper communication with Operations Management Team and Offshore Marine Superintendent to ensure tanks are prepared and cleaned until a certain extent, prior to embarking inspection (UTM) supplier and – – – Class Surveyor for execution of planned (unplanned) inspection events.
– Develop inspection plan for specific tank of each vessel, either via Hull Monitoring Software or manually, for inspection vendor, outlining MODEC specific requirements, based on previous inspection reports or based on suspect area identified from each MODEC vessel.
– Coordinate activities of structural hull integrity of FPSO fleet as required, promote and implement standardization of best practice of engineering on inspection and repair campaign, develop managerial reports and assure the corporate targets related to Hull Integrity are being followed.
– Focal point between MODEC and tank inspection vendors, engineering corporate departments and Class.
– To create repair plan if needed, based on inspection report and liaise with Engineering and Class in case of complex structural calculation/studies are to be performed.
– To prepare monthly status reports of FPSO’s hull and tank condition, progress of all hull tank inspection activities as well as Class ABS inspection and recommendation due dates for inspection.
– To provide technical support to operation and offshore execution team whenever necessary.
– To embark offshore periodically for tank survey for tanks with major anomalies or whenever deemed necessary.
– To provide technical support to Marine Compliance team for Class hull inspection related matters.
– Integrate the hull integrity plans in a complete view composed by UTM inspection, respective preparative and cleaning, repairs if any, and due date established by Class authority for each tank intervention for each Special Survey.
– Focal point between MODEC and tank inspection vendors and to records, store, verify and approve all inspection reports from vendor, before submission to Class.
– To create repair plan if needed, based on inspection report.
To provide monthly status of all hull tank condition, progress of all hull tank inspection activities as well as Class ABS inspection and recommendation due dates for hull inspection.
– To evaluate new inspection/cleaning and tank repair technologies from both Brazil and overseas, and follow up about efficiency and application of them on Fleet to improve performance.
Bachelor Degree in Naval Architecture (preferably) or in Mechanical/Civil Engineering
Desired post-graduation in Marine Structures
Experience in hull related works (inspection, maintenance or repairs), in shipbuilding or ship repair shipyards or in shipping management companies.
Knowledge and experience in project management.
Knowledge of Class regulatory requirements and experience working with or for any Classification Society.
Experience with hull related works onboard FPSO will be an advantage.
Fluent in English
Onshore position with the possibility to go offshore as per demand.
– 4 to 5 rotations of 28 days working and 14 days off.
– Onshore main work: 6 days a week – 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 12pm on Saturday.
– Offshore embarkations required and mandatory.
– Uplift for Ghana while in Ghana
To come to Ghana and work on and offshore, the professional will need:
– Yellow fever vaccination certificate;
– OG UK Medical Certificate.