Junior Pastry Sous Chef – Marriott Hotels Vacancies
As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details.
- Prepare breads and pastries, including preparing doughs and fillings, proofing, baking, and decorating as appropriate.
- Review Production sheet to understand variety of baked goods to be produced daily.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality and presentation standards, and food prep checklists.
- Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program compliance.
- Keep Chef informed of excess food items for planning of daily specials.
- Safely and appropriately use baking and measuring tools/equipment/appliances to prepare baked foods.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety handling policies and procedures, including personal hygiene procedures.
- Check and ensure correct temperatures of kitchen appliances and food, and report issues to management.
- Monitor the quality of food prepared and portions served throughout shift.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, including safety and security; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach common goals; handle sensitive issues with tact, respect, and confidentiality.
- Serve as a department role model or mentor.
- Comply with quality expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
How To Apply