• Responsible for maximizing sales of designated company products in the assigned territory. This will be achieved through full coverage of target customers.
• Deliver persuasive sales presentations in order to change prescribing habits in line with appropriate use of products. Consistent with customer expectations of quality of service and personal interactions.
• Maintain and enhance knowledge of products, company developments, customers, and competitors. This will also include a full and complete knowledge of the product information and relevant clinical papers, and clinical developments within the therapeutic area.
• Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all territory reports, maintenance of territory records, handling of enquiries and complaints quickly and professionally and in accordance with company procedures.
• Contribute positively to the Sales and Marketing team through co-operative relationships and collaborative efforts to achieve team and company objectives. This will include input into effective use of promotional funds and territory sales forecasting.
• Ensure the prompt reporting of adverse events to the CS&E department in accordance with company procedures.
• Have knowledge and comply with the SAPI code of conduct and hospital protocol regarding ethical promotion and representative activity.
• Demonstrate Key Account Management skills
• Demonstrate behaviours in accordance with Novartis Core values.
- 1st Degree qualifications in Pharmacy
- English and other local languages
• Minimum of 3 years experience in pharmaceutical or allied industry
• Proven, successful sales track record preferably in business to business environment
• Knowledge of Pharma industry and its changing environment
• Professional accomplishments that reflect achievement orientation, self-motivation, initiative, independence, and strong customer service orientation
Interested applicants should: