Aspire Food Group Ghana Vacancies
Aspire Food Group Ghana is looking for a driven, detail- oriented, analytical research technologist.
He or she who would be part of a team that focuses on designing, executing and analyzing feed experiments, taking into consideration nutritional requirements of the larvae and aimed at increasing the efficiency of current palm weevil larvae rearing techniques.
The majority of the role would take place in Aspire’s test lab and in a farm setting, the selected candidate must be comfortable working in these conditions.
- Evaluate chemical and nutritional value of larval feed
- Formulate diets in line with the organizations KPIs such as maximizing growth and creating competitive advantage
- Prepare feed formulations and monitor their performance to meet quality criteria established by the R&D team and other departments
- Investigate best storage conditions for feed
- Explore lower cost/alternate feed substrates and feed formulations
- Set-up and execute experiments related to larval feed/nutrition
- Use computer software to conduct research and generate reports that can be clearly understood
- Understand feed interactions with external factors such as temperature, humidity and infrastructure modifications
- Record and analyze data related to feed experiments
- Present experimental findings to the rest of the team
- Share responsibilities for laboratory management
- Supervise a team of research technicians
- Coordinate with external labs
- Support the procurement of lab materials and lab equipment
- Contribute to budget creation and anticipate resource needs to reach targeted goals
- As Aspire is a growing organization, tasks/duties and responsibilities are subject to evolve over time.
- Develop feed quality control protocols and procedures
- Identify feed additives for optimum feed performance
- Bachelor’s level (required) or higher degree in Animal Nutrition, or any related field with relevant research experience in food, feed or animal nutrition.
- Relevant work or internship experience is considered a very strong asset
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills
- Ability to design, observe and make appropriate conclusions for research experiments related to feed
- Must be able to troubleshoot to achieve organizational goals
- Basic lab analytical skills (eg; proper sampling techniques, measuring pH, titrations, reading scales, calibrating equipment, etc)
- Scientific and working proficiency in spoken and written English
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experienced with conducting statistical analyses on Excel
Benefits: Mobile allowance, health insurance after a 3-month probation period
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter/letter of intention addressed to Farida Adam (Product Development and Animal Nutrition Manager, Aspire Food Group Ghana) along with your CV.
If you do not possess the required degree please state in your letter subject courses taken or trainings participated in that relate to the required degree.
Both documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure you title the email: “ANIMAL NUTRITION RESEARCH TECHNOLOGIST” otherwise your application will not be reviewed.
Please note that only candidates qualifying for interview will be contacted