Environmental Advisor – Aker Energy Ghana Vacancies
Aker Energy is in search of a proactive, self-motivated and systematic individual with the ability to work independently an environmental professional with good communication skills and ability to deliver right quality to agreed time to fit the position of an Environmental Advisor.
The Environmental Advisor wilt oversee and follow up the environmental performance of the daily oil and gas operations in Ghana Conduct environmental monitoring and reporting.
- Daily follow up of environmental management in operations
- Monitoring and reporting of environmental performance in drilling and production operations to authorities and the corporate
- Implementation of environmental mitigation measures in Ghana
- Monitor and control of pollution mitigation, waste management and recycling in the Ghana offices
- Contribute to implementation of environmental policies and practices
- Keep up-to-date with Ghana environmental regulation and legislation
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies
- Follow up and audit environmental compliance and performance of contractors and sub-contractors in Ghana
- Support and follow-up environmental studies as ESIA and PER
- Promote and raise awareness of the importance of good environmental performance and corporate environmental and sustainability goals
- Report on the unit’s performance related to environmental and sustainability goals
- Follow up environmental management systems to continually improve the impact of the organisation on the environment
- Follow up and implement energy efficiency measures in the unit
- Participate in public hearings and consultations on environmental matter
- Participate in environmental education and research
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Environment Science or Engineering, Oil & Chemical Engineering, Safety Engineering or the related.
- At least 5 years related working experience in Oil & Gas industry.
- Knowledge of environment impact assessment processes in Ghana.
- Knowledge of daily HSE management and reporting in oil & gas operations.
- Knowledge of national law, regulations and standards on environmental protection, for onshore and offshore oil development and production activities.
- Understanding of oil & gas E&P
How To Apply For This Job
Qualified professionals should send their CVs to :
Closing date is one week from date of publication.