Administrative Officer – Total Family Health Organisation Ghana
Total Family Health Organisation (TFHO) is a Ghanaian nonprofit organization dedicated to helping women, men and young people live healthier lives.
As a social enterprise, TFHO works to ensure access to high quality health products for Ghanaians nationwide through socially marketed health commodities and behavior change activities.
- Manage day- to-day office administrative activities and oversee administrative processes.
- Manage office supplies and all contractors related to the upkeep and safe and efficient operations of the facilities and grounds.
- Lead the asset management function.
- Assist with paper and electronic filing systems and ensure they are properly structured and efficiently maintained.
- Book flights, arrange for transport and hotel accommodation.
- Support travelers logistically while they are deployed and follow up to ensure they have provided all required documentation for expenses.
- Planning and logistics for conferences, workshops and training
- Ensure that all official vehicles are roadworthy and have insurance coverage annually
- Monitor travel protocols including monthly checks of vehicle logs and implementation of travel policy
- Schedule appointments, meetings and prepare meeting minutes at all staff meeting
- Supervise administrative assistant and drivers
Human Resource Administration
- Work closely with various departments to assist employees to understand policies and procedures;
- Assist with recruitment and selection which involves developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Assist with development and implementation of policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
- Administer payroll and maintain employee records;
- Assist the Senior HR/Administration Manager with payroll preparation
- Assist with HR planning strategies, considering immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- Plan and deliver training – including inductions for new staff
- Track and communicate any security related activities in the country that may harm staff.
- Conduct a quarterly threat and assessment review.
- Orient all international visitors to life in Ghana.
Required Skills or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a relevant field
- Minimum 3-years office experience in office administration and/or HR support role
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Master’s degree an advantage
- organizational and planning skills
- information gathering and monitoring skills
- problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- judgment and decision-making ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take good initiatives
- Good team member
- Attention to detail and accuracy